Name: Jackie Marvel
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A zoo keeper or something with wild animals! I was always watching National Geographic.
- How long have you been a Veterinary Technician? – 7 years
- What makes MVA a great place to work/ what’s your favorite thing about MVA? I love that I always have the opportunity to keep learning, there’s never a dull moment in the emergency room. My favorite thing about MVA is my coworkers. They are great at keeping the mood positive even when we have a terrible day.
- What is your next professional development goal? VTS? Give a lecture? Learn a new skill? I am finished my bachelors in Biology and would love to teach a lab or class eventually.
- Do you have any pets? To dogs, Shrimp and Grits and a cat Tony Stark
- What is your favorite word? Wanderlust (which I am guilty of)
- What is your least favorite word? Phlegm
- What sound or noise do you love? The Ocean
- What sound or noise do you hate? Alarm Clocks
- What is your favorite thing about Autumn? In short … everything. My favorite season, the weather, football!!
- Do you have any unusual talents or special skills? I (used to) tap dance
- What do you wish you had invented? Google
- What three things do you always carry with you? Chapstick, Cell phone, and chapstick 🙂
- What is your weirdest phobia? Contracting a crazy parasite! (I watch too much animal planet)
- What is your guilty pleasure? Watching veterinary shows and solving the cases before they announce what’s wrong!
- What is your favorite phrase or expression? “Not all who wander are lost”
- If you were a dog or cat, what breed would you be? A coworker said I would be a Golden Retriever
Every year Metropolitan Veterinary Associates organizes a 5K run/walk (leashed participants are encouraged to join) with all proceeds benefiting local non-profit animal rescue organizations. To learn more about the MVA5K click here.
Save A Life
There are very few national animal blood banks. Your dog may be able to save a life by donating blood. Learn more about it today by clicking here.
Ask A Question
It’s important that our patients and their families can get to know our doctors and the facility. Ask us a question about anything for a chance to see it answered on our blog.
Some error has occured.