We are currently looking for healthy dogs and cats to become MVA blood donors. Our blood bank functions just like a human one and without donors there is no blood for sick dogs and cats. Your pet’s blood could be used to save an animal from such situations as accidents/injuries, clotting disorders, anemia, surgery, poisons/parasites, or a variety of other situations.
- Dogs must weigh at least 50lbs and Cats must weigh at least 10lbs
- Both must be in good body condition and free of infectious diseases
- Must be between 1-8 years in age
- Must pass an in-person evaluation
- No heart murmur
- Healthy with a friendly disposition, be happy to meet people, and be easy to restrain
- Up to date on vaccines and on monthly flea/tick/heartworm prevention
- Cats must be indoor only
- Must be able to bring pet in when needed (not more frequently than every 8 weeks)
- Free full annual exam
- Free annual bloodwork (Full CBC/Chemistry, Infectious Disease Screening)
- MVA will cover the cost of a blood product in the future should your pet ever need one
- The knowledge to know that you helped a pet in need!