Name: Christie Hooven, CVT
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? – A teacher
- How long have you been a VT? – Almost 1 year
- What makes MVA a great place to work/what’s your favorite thing about MVA? – My co-workers; when I first started working here, I immediately felt welcomed and like I was part of a family. We all work well together and manage to make our work days enjoyable.
- What is your next professional development goal? VTS? Give a lecture? Learn a new skill? – In general, I would love to become well-versed in emergency nursing care, as well as anesthesia.
- Do you have any pets? – 1 cat named Boots!
- What is your favorite word? – “convoluted”
- What is your least favorite word? – “secretions”
- What sound or noise do you love? – typing on a keyboard
- What sound or noise do you hate? – jackhammers
- What is your favorite smell? – Thanksgiving dinner. Baked goods. BBQ’s. Any food that is cooking, really.
- What is your favorite thing about Autumn? – sweater/scarf/boot weather
- What do you wish you had invented? – The post-it
- What three things do you always carry with you? – phone, chapstick, wallet
- What is your weirdest phobia? – trypophobia (irregular patterns or clusters of small holes or bumps)
- What is your guilty pleasure? – Excessive napping
- What is your favorite phrase or expression? – Team work makes the dream work
- If you were a dog or cat, what breed would you be? – Mountain lion
Every year Metropolitan Veterinary Associates organizes a 5K run/walk (leashed participants are encouraged to join) with all proceeds benefiting local non-profit animal rescue organizations. To learn more about the MVA5K click here.
Save A Life
There are very few national animal blood banks. Your dog may be able to save a life by donating blood. Learn more about it today by clicking here.
Ask A Question
It’s important that our patients and their families can get to know our doctors and the facility. Ask us a question about anything for a chance to see it answered on our blog.
Some error has occured.