Our pet loss support group meets once or twice a month. Meetings begin at 7 pm and end at 8:30 pm. Out of respect for other attendees, please be on time and plan to stay the duration of the meeting. It is not necessary to RSVP, although, if you would like to please contact 610-666-1050.
Our Pet Loss Support Meetings are the 1st Thursday of every month from 7-8:30 pm.
When we lose someone we love, we must learn not to live without them, but to live with the love they left behind. –Unknown
Pet Illness and Loss
- Carmack, Betty J. (2003). Grieving the Death of a Pet. Minneapolis: Augsburg Fortress.
- Dolan-Del Vecchio, K & Saxton-Lopez, N (2013). The Pet Loss Companion. North Charleston: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Eastwood, Liz (2012). Soul Comfort for Cat Lovers: Coping Wisdom for Heart and Soul After the Loss of a Beloved Feline. London: Sparkletonic Books.
- Fiennes, Denise (2016). What to Do When Your Pet Dies. Middletown: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Friedman, R. James, C. and James, J.W. (2014). The Grief Recovery Handbook for Pet Loss. Lanham: Taylor Trade Publishing.
- Gordon, R (2017). A Caregiver’s Guide to Pet Hospice Care. Minnesota: Pogo
- Kessler, D. (2019). Finding Meaning: The Sixth Stage of Grief. New York: Simon and Schuster, Inc.
- Kowalski, G. (1997). Goodbye, Friend: Healing Wisdom for Anyone Who Has Ever Lost a Pet. Walpole: Stillpoint Publishing.
- Noel, B. & Blair, P.D. (2008). I Wasn’t Ready to Say Goodbye: Surviving, Coping, and Healing after the Sudden Death of a Loved One. Naperville: Sourcebooks, Inc.
- Reck, J (2012). Facing Farewell. Wenatchee: Dogwise Publishing
- Sife, W. (2005). The Loss of a Pet. Hoboken: Howell Book House.
- Wolfelt, A.D. (2004). When Your Pet Dies: A Guide to Mourning, Remembering, and Healing. Fort Collins: Companion Press.
Supporting Children through Pet Loss
- Barton Ross, C. (2005). Pet Loss and Children. New York: Taylor & Francis Group.
- Blain Parker, M. (2002) Jasper’s Day. Tonawanda: Kids Press Ltd.
- Demas, C. & Hoyt, A. (2004). Saying Goodbye to Lulu. New York: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers.
- Lupton, D. (2013). Goodbye, Brecken: A Story About the Death of a Pet. Washington D.C.: Magination Press.
- Morehead, D. (1996). A Special Place for Charlee: A Child’s Companion Through Pet Loss. Bloomfield: Partners in Publishing, LLC
- Parr, T. (2015). The Goodbye Book, New York: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers.
- Rogers, F. (1988). When a Pet Dies. New York: Family Communications, Inc.
- Tuzeo-Jarolmen, J. (2007). When a Family Pet Dies. Philadelphia: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Viorst, J. (1971). The Tenth Good Thing About Barney. New York: Simon and Schuster.
- Wilhelm, H. (1985). I’ll Always Love You. New York: Dragonfly Books.
- Winnett, W. (2014) Pet Loss and Children: Helping Your Child Cope with the Loss of a Pet. Middletown: Counseling with Heart.
- Yolen, J. (2011). The Day Tiger Rose Said Goodbye. New York: Random House.