For more information about Why we need Dog Donors, please click here.
To see if your dog qualifies please click here download the pre-enrollment form and fax it to 610-666-1199 or send via email prior to scheduling a pre-screening appointment for your dog.
How Your Dog Can “Become A Life Saver”
Why Have Your Dog Donate?
- There are very few national animal blood banks
- One donation can help save a life of up to four pets
- It can help spread the word that animals need blood too
- Help educate the community
Blood Donor Requirements
- Must weigh at least 50 lbs. and be in good body condition
- Be between 1 year and 6 years old
- Have a friendly disposition, be happy to meet people, and be easy to restrain
- Have proof of current vaccination status
- Must be free of infectious disease
- Must not have a heart murmur
- Must not have taken any medications within the 14 days prior to donation other than heartworm and flea and tick preventative.
- Must be on heartworm, flea/tick preventative year round (i.e. monthly)
- Must not have received vaccinations within 4 weeks prior to donation
- Owner must be willing to allow their pet to donate blood at least 3 times within a calendar year (not more frequently than every 8 weeks).
- Owner must agree to get the required lab tests done on their pet to maintain status in program:
- General Health Check (CBC/Chemistry) – yearly
- Blood Borne Pathogens – yearly
- Blood Type – pre-screening only
- 4DX SNAP test – A negative test will be required within 2 months prior to donation