Become an Internal Medicine Nurse
Looking to Elevate Your Career?
Join a nationally recognized team.
Metropolitan Veterinary Associates is the preferred specialty and emergency hospital in our region for companion animals. Privately owned and practicing out of a 25,000 square foot facility, we have been providing the highest quality of veterinary medicine for over 32 years.
As a fast-paced and rapidly growing hospital, we are currently seeking to fill a Full Time Internal Medicine Nurse position.
The Internal Medicine Nurse reports directly to the Specialty Nurse Manager. He/She is responsible for coordinating clinical operations within the Internal Medicine Service utilizing sound technical skill and effective communication. The selected candidate will work in conjunction with the Internal Medicine specialist, the Specialty Nurse Supervisor, veterinarians and hospital support staff to provide compassionate, professional client service and maintain the highest quality patient care standards. They must have a broad knowledge of small animal medicine including pharmacology, proper restraint / handling, laboratory testing, venipuncture, IV catheterization, and radiology techniques. Familiarity or previous internal medicine experience is appreciated. The position requires great flexibility and the ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
Qualifications, Experience and Characteristics:
- Minimum three years of work experience in a clinical setting, experience within a specialty practice is appreciated
- Current CVT/LVT/RVT licensure required
- Strong interpersonal skill with the ability to relate effectively with veterinarians, peers, and other hospital personnel
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Possession of strong analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology and disease processes
- Ability to multitask and function in a high paced environment
- Commitment to professional development
Benefits will include:
- Competitive compensation
- Health benefits
- Flexible hours
- Paid time off (including paid time off to volunteer)
- $200 annual scrub/shoe allowance
- Continuing education time off and allowance
- Retirement plan including matching funds
- Employee discounts
- YouEarnedIt, recognition and rewards platform
- Unlimited growth potential
- A fun and inclusive culture!
- Focus on well-being
Perfectly Positioned for Personal Growth
Located in Valley Forge, PA, Metropolitan Veterinary Associates is ideally situated in the suburban Philadelphia area, just minutes from Valley Forge National Historical Park and world-class shopping. Whether you enjoy outdoor activities like biking and hiking, or arts and entertainment events, it’s all in your backyard – along with excellent schools and universities.
Nearby Philadelphia is home to multiple professional sports teams, major concert venues, museums, and so much more. And the lights of New York City, the sights of Washington, D.C., and the popular weekend retreats of the Pocono mountains and the Jersey Shore are all within about a two-hour drive.
Here at MVA, we pride ourselves on being a part of the local community, both professionally and personally. In short – we love it here! And we’re sure you will too.