NAME: Chrissie Bachman
- 1) As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
As a child, I was all over the place with what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wanted to be a marine biologist, work at a publishing company (like my mom did at the time), a geologist, or a meteorologist.
2) How long have you been a VT? Well, I have been in the field since 2001- I started out as a kennel attendant and moved my way up to a nurse assistant- I have worked in emergency medicine for 11 or 12 years now.
3) What makes MVA a great place to work/ what’s your favorite thing about MVA? In my opinion, what makes Metropolitan a great place to work is the level of care, knowledge, and medicine that is practiced. I love seeing how everyone comes together to help each patient receive the best care possible from the moment they walk in the door until they go home. My favorite thing about Metropolitan is having the opportunity to do what I am passionate about and work with an amazing group of like-minded people who make each day a great day no matter how busy, chaotic, or stressful it is.
4) What is your next professional development goal? VTS? Give a lecture? Learn a new skill? Right now I am in the process of pursuing my CVT- My long term goals are to obtain my VTS in Emergency Critical Care, Internal Medicine, and Anesthesia. I enjoy teaching and helping others, so I can see myself in the future, when I am no longer physically able to what I do now, in some sort of teaching role.
5) Do you have any pets? Currently at this time, I have no pets, mostly due to the fact that I live in an apartment. I have had multiple cats, dogs, birds, snakes, guinea pigs, hamsters in my lifetime. I plan on adopting dogs in the near future and also would like to foster dogs as well.
1) What is your favorite word? My favorite word would have to be neonates- nothing makes me happier than a bunch of tiny little puppies that need someone to take care of them!!!
2) What is your least favorite word? My least favorite word is cubby (as in the bins or space where you put stuff). I have to real reason to dislike the word, I just do.
3) What sound or noise do you love? I love the sound of thunderstorms- they are very relaxing and calming.
4) What sound or noise do you hate? I dislike the sound of my alarm- it is intrusive and obnoxious- but it gets me up!
5) What is your favorite smell? My favorite smell is the smell of snow in the air- winter is my favorite season!
6) What is your favorite thing about Autumn? My favorite things about Autumn are Halloween, my birthday, and the leaves changing colors.
7) Do you have any unusual talents or special skills? I can weave baskets and I know a decent amount of American Sign Language (not by any means fluent)
10) What three things do you always carry with you? The three things I always carry with me- My values instilled by my family, my beliefs, and everything in my purse!
11) What is your weirdest phobia? I HATE anything having to do with eyes- If there is something going on with an eye, unless it’s standard stuff like eye meds or checking eye pressures, you will not see me anywhere near it!
12) What is your guilty pleasure? Reading Shakespeare- There is something about the time period and the writing style that I really enjoy.
13) What is your favorite phrase or expression? Are you SERIOUS????!!!!
14) If you were a dog or cat, what breed would you be? I would have to say that I would probably be a mixed breed dog with high anxiety issues, in need of some serious behavioral training and a strict diet.
Every year Metropolitan Veterinary Associates organizes a 5K run/walk (leashed participants are encouraged to join) with all proceeds benefiting local non-profit animal rescue organizations. To learn more about the MVA5K click here.
Save A Life
There are very few national animal blood banks. Your dog may be able to save a life by donating blood. Learn more about it today by clicking here.
Ask A Question
It’s important that our patients and their families can get to know our doctors and the facility. Ask us a question about anything for a chance to see it answered on our blog.