Celebrating Memorial Day with your pets
Memorial Day weekend is a great opportunity to spend time with family, outdoors, enjoying the unofficial start of summer. But it is important to keep your pets safety in mind at all times. Below are a few tips to help you and your family get through the weekend safely while having fun!
- Play it safe with food – don’t feed table scraps as some may be toxic to your pets. And keep alcoholic beverages away!
- Swimming can be a fun past time, but not all pets are good swimmers. Keep an eye on them and no gulping chemically cleaned pool water.
- Only use sunscreen and insect repellent designed for animals. Some we use could be dangerous to our pets.
- Make sure there is plenty of shade for your pet if celebrating outdoors. And always have a full water bowl available.
- Make sure gates and doors are kept closed at all times. Many pets go missing during holiday weekends because they are either anxious from all the activity or they are given an opportunity to wander during the chaos.
- Fireworks can be scary (and dangerous) for some … keep your pet indoors and safe if fireworks are being used.
Have a Happy and Safe Memorial Holiday !
Every year Metropolitan Veterinary Associates organizes a 5K run/walk (leashed participants are encouraged to join) with all proceeds benefiting local non-profit animal rescue organizations. To learn more about the MVA5K click here.
Save A Life
There are very few national animal blood banks. Your dog may be able to save a life by donating blood. Learn more about it today by clicking here.
Ask A Question
It’s important that our patients and their families can get to know our doctors and the facility. Ask us a question about anything for a chance to see it answered on our blog.